miércoles, 17 de octubre de 2012

Literature and Books


To introduce this subject I can say that I read very much because of my career, and because I love literature. I don´t love “read” because this is an exercise, I love read some things, some world built by the authors. In fact what I love of literature is not reading in general, but some worlds or ideas contained in books. Because of that I don´t know actually how many books I have read in my life, I don’t count them. I usually read but I’m not a compulsive reader because I prefer sometimes to go out there and live my own experiences. So to read a text it has to be more interesting than that. Beyond the books  about my discipline, I love poetry, stories, and “microcuentos”. I’m not a fanatic of novels, because they usually are an escape from our own reality, of course not all. There are some novels that impressed me because of the atmosphere created by the author, and some new and interesting sensations. A novel like this is Narciso y Golmundo from Herman Hesse, Pedro páramo from Juan Rulfo, or Cien años de soledad from García Marquez which is the most typical. My favorite poets are Juan Luis Martinez, Jaime Sabines, Nicanor Parra, and some others who are not exactly poets like Cortázar, and Marcial Souto. To conclude, I could say that I love literature but to be sincere I love some voices, I mean that the important, and what I like from literature, or books, is what they say, no matters how they say it.

1 comentario:

  1. Nicanor Parra is really cool!
    And I neither count the books that I read. Only stay with me the memory of a world that I visit acroos the book, that is my impression of a good books.

    ResponderEliminar